Harmony Energy is one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing owners and operators of utility-scale battery energy storage projects – as well as also being active in the solar and onshore wind sectors.
In addition to having a portfolio of operational assets, the company controls a multi-gigawatt pipeline of projects and employs an in-house team of development and delivery experts. Harmony Energy Income Trust Plc was recently listed on the London Stock Exchange, providing access to a significant amount of capital to vastly accelerate the build-out of our pipeline.
The company is headquartered in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, with an office also in London. We also have development teams in France and New Zealand and continue to investigate opportunities in other territories.
Rapid growth of the company has resulted in us looking to expand our team.
About the Role
The paralegal will report to the General Counsel and work closely with the other members of Harmony’s legal team, including the Head of Corporate Governance and the Head of Property, developing broad legal experience in a fast-paced environment.
The position requires a motivated and enthusiastic individual who can manage competing priorities and communicate well in a fast-paced and high performing team environment. Highly organised, reliable and efficient, you will have excellent attention to detail and be capable of delivering work to a high standard of accuracy. You will have the confidence to work independently and demonstrate a proactive approach, with a willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities.
The role would be of interest to those who want the challenge and responsibility of contributing towards the successes of a rapidly growing and ambitious company, with the support of an experienced professional team to hone existing skills and grow their knowledge of legal practice.
Main responsibilities shall include (but not be limited to):
– assisting with major corporate projects and co-ordinating with external legal advisors;
– assisting in management of corporate & real estate due diligence processes and data rooms;
– managing signature of commercial agreements;
– preparing board minutes and other company secretarial documents;
– making filings at Companies House;
– managing files and documentation to ensure smooth running of transactions;
– conducting legal / regulatory research and assisting with advice on legal developments relevant to the business;
– maintaining legal directories and filing of documents;
– maintaining and updating legal project trackers and filing of contracts; and
– performing any other duties that may reasonably be required within the role.
Education and Experience
Some experience as a paralegal in a law firm or in-house environment is desirable, with a Batchelor’s degree in law or GDL essential. Experience within the renewables industry is helpful but not essential.
Skills and Competencies
– Excellent oral and written communications skills,
– Acts with integrity and in an approachable and personable way to help build relationships and represent the company in a positive light,
– Highly adept at working collaboratively within a fast-paced team environment,
– Strong organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
– Excellent IT skills including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Package and Benefits
– Competitive salary
– Annual bonus
– Share option scheme
– Salary sacrifice EV leasing scheme
– Flexible working arrangements
– Death in Service cover
– Private medical insurance
Please send your CV and covering letter to; [email protected]
Applications via recruitment agents not welcome
Applications should be made no later than Friday 29th July 2022.
Les systèmes de stockage d'énergie par batterie (BESS) sont la clé pour libérer tout le potentiel des énergies renouvelables intermittentes ; plus l'énergie renouvelable connectée est importante, plus la capacité à gérer son caractère intermittent devient importante. Harmony a 42 MW/84 MWh BESS opérant au Royaume-Uni, avec un futur 326 MW/652 MWh en construction.
Harmony Energy développe actuellement de grandes fermes solaires photovoltaïques, en utilisant notre expertise de projet pour soutenir les propriétaires fonciers tout au long du processus de développement.
Au Royaume-Uni, Harmony développe 200 MW de projets solaires autonomes et 500 MW de projets solaires colocalisés avec ses projets de batteries
Le solaire photovoltaïque est une technologie éprouvée et rentable et de nombreux pays du monde entier se tournent vers elle pour répondre à leurs besoins énergétiques.