Harmony Energy is one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing owners and operators of utility-scale battery energy storage projects – as well as also being active in the solar and onshore wind sectors.
In addition to having a portfolio of operational assets, the company controls a multi-gigawatt pipeline of projects and employs an in-house team of development and delivery experts. Harmony Energy Income Trust Plc was recently listed on the London Stock Exchange, providing access to a significant amount of capital to vastly accelerate the build-out of our pipeline.
The company is headquartered in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, with an office also in London. We also have development teams in France and New Zealand and continue to investigate opportunities in other territories.
Rapid growth of the company has resulted in us looking to expand our team.
About the Role
The paralegal will report to the General Counsel and work closely with the other members of Harmony’s legal team, including the Head of Corporate Governance and the Head of Property, developing broad legal experience in a fast-paced environment.
The position requires a motivated and enthusiastic individual who can manage competing priorities and communicate well in a fast-paced and high performing team environment. Highly organised, reliable and efficient, you will have excellent attention to detail and be capable of delivering work to a high standard of accuracy. You will have the confidence to work independently and demonstrate a proactive approach, with a willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities.
The role would be of interest to those who want the challenge and responsibility of contributing towards the successes of a rapidly growing and ambitious company, with the support of an experienced professional team to hone existing skills and grow their knowledge of legal practice.
Main responsibilities shall include (but not be limited to):
– assisting with major corporate projects and co-ordinating with external legal advisors;
– assisting in management of corporate & real estate due diligence processes and data rooms;
– managing signature of commercial agreements;
– preparing board minutes and other company secretarial documents;
– making filings at Companies House;
– managing files and documentation to ensure smooth running of transactions;
– conducting legal / regulatory research and assisting with advice on legal developments relevant to the business;
– maintaining legal directories and filing of documents;
– maintaining and updating legal project trackers and filing of contracts; and
– performing any other duties that may reasonably be required within the role.
Education and Experience
Some experience as a paralegal in a law firm or in-house environment is desirable, with a Batchelor’s degree in law or GDL essential. Experience within the renewables industry is helpful but not essential.
Skills and Competencies
– Excellent oral and written communications skills,
– Acts with integrity and in an approachable and personable way to help build relationships and represent the company in a positive light,
– Highly adept at working collaboratively within a fast-paced team environment,
– Strong organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
– Excellent IT skills including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Package and Benefits
– Competitive salary
– Annual bonus
– Share option scheme
– Salary sacrifice EV leasing scheme
– Flexible working arrangements
– Death in Service cover
– Private medical insurance
Please send your CV and covering letter to; [email protected]
Applications via recruitment agents not welcome
Applications should be made no later than Friday 29th July 2022.
Battery energy storage systems (BESS) are the key to unlocking the full potential of intermittent renewable energy; the more renewable energy that is connected, the more important the ability to manage its intermittent nature becomes. Harmony have 42MW/84MWh BESS operating in the UK, with a future 326MW/652MWh in build.
Harmony Energy is currently developing large solar PV farms, using our project expertise to support landowners throughout the development process.
In the UK Harmony is developing 200MWs of standalone solar projects and 500MWs of solar projects co-located with its battery projects
Solar PV is a proven, cost-effective technology and many countries around the world are turning to it to help meet their energy needs.